Full Time or Part Time
Position #: 18
Posting Date: January 6, 2017
Application Deadline: January 20, 2017
Semiahmoo Speech Services is an established speech clinic that provides communication support at an exceptional level to our families in Surrey and surrounding areas.
We’re growing quickly and looking for Speech Language Pathologists for a variety of flexible time schedules to accommodate our growing wait lists.
For a view into our world, we invite you to visit our website: www.SemiSpeech.com
WHAT YOU GET
- Flexible work schedule
- Full reception support to assist with filing, scheduling and development of some materials
- A fresh, new and bright state-of-the art clinic with 5 treatment rooms
- A mentoring program for newer graduates
- Your hourly rate is based on experience and ranges from $75 to $85 per billable hour
- Additional premium provided for home visits
- After 60 days, you’ll be eligible to receive a stay bonus calculated at 8% of your earnings retroactive to your start date, if you remain with us until June 30, 2017 and with few exceptions, honor the schedule you commit to.
You’re a talented independent Speech Pathologist and your clients ask for you by name. You’re known for your ability to put your clients (and often their parents) at ease with your compassion, communication skills and patience. You understand the importance of being reliable and not letting your clients down.
You’re naturally service-oriented and have a proven ability to build and maintain relationships with staff and sometimes challenging clients. You’re a good communicator, meaning you’re clear, concise, and timely and can adapt to communication levels required by varied audiences. You listen actively.
You’re also a self-starter and know what it takes to run your own independent business and understand that success comes with hard work and being good at what you do.
Lastly, people trust you because you’re ethical and principled.
Here’s what else you need:
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC
- Private Practice Insurance
- A valid BC driver’s license if accommodating home visits
- A willingness to service one or more of the following population types:
- Service Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC), both picture communication and use of technology, preferably experience with TouchChat and Proloquo2Go
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) children and teens with mild, moderate and severe challenges in cognition and behavior
- Speech, language and developmental delays of mild-severe degree.
- Children birth – 5 years with communication challenges.
- Registration with Speech and Audiology Canada
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Here’s what you need to do:
- Email your cover letter and resume in one file by January 20, 2017 to work@SemiSpeech.com.
- Include ‘your name’ and ‘Position # 18’ in the subject line
- Indicate two preferred population types you are wiling to work with from the list above
- Let us know your preferred schedule(s) and availability from the following options:
- Mon-Fri: 7:00 am to noon
- Mon-Fri: 3:00pm to 8:00pm (preferred for current high-demand)
- Saturday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Saturday: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Evening and weekends home visits.
- We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax or mail applications please—and request that you do not phone.
- All applicants will receive an automated email response confirming receipt of their application submission.
- We typically receive a high number of applications and only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Semiahmoo Speech Services.